Tuesday, November 15

Tutorial - Over The Edge Cards


Over the Edge cards, also known as Tent Topper cards, are really easy to make and can be modified to suit any occasion. The one thing you need to remember when making these cards is that the finished product may not be a standard size and may require a special envelope.


REQUIREMENTS:
Cardstock (approx. 8" x 6")
2 nesting die cut labels - any shape
patterned paper (approx. 7 3/4" x 2 3/4")
sentiment stamp
embellishments of choice

1. I really don't like making my own envelopes so I made sure my finished card would fit nicely inside a standard envelope, in this case business size, by laying the elements of the card on top of the envelope and taking measurements.



2. Fold the card blank in half longways to create a card that measures approximately 8" x 3".

3. Adhere the patterned paper to the front of the card, leaving a small border around all four sides.


4. Adhere the larger die cut shape to the centre top of the card, overhanging by the desired amount. (Remember to check that the completed card will fit inside your envelope before securing the die cut shape.)


5. Adhere the smaller die cut shape to the centre of the first and embellish as desired. Have fun!

18 comments:

Kelley said...

Your card is adorable! I'm like you, I make the card to the envelope, not the envelope to the card. :D

Crafty Loops said...

This is really gorgeous Beccy. Love the papers. Lee xx

Teresa said...

Pretty!

Donna said...

Lovely card! So many possibilities with this design!

Blessings,
Donna

KarinsArtScrap said...

lovely card beccy.

greetings karin

Merry said...

Fantastic card and tutorial.

Agata z magicznego atelier said...

Thank You for this tutorial. Fantastic card :)

Margaret said...

So pretty!
Margaret :o)

An'Jenic G. said...

Beautiful Card!

Sewe said...

Pretty card, just love what you did with the flowers and bling on the bike, really made it come alive

Donna said...

Thank you for the tutorial. I love your card. I have been searching bike images for my OWH cards and I really like how you embellished the bicycle!

Sandy said...

Beautiful card, love the papers, thanks for the tutorial on how to make tent topper cards, thanks also for the cute gingerbread digis
Sandy

Teresa Arsenault said...

This card is fabulous, Beccy. I love the design paper you used and the little flowers on the handles.
Blessings,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the gingerbread man. I love him. Also I can't waite to give this card a try. Thank you so very much.

Farika Pramastij said...

thank you for tutorial...

Rachie Scraps Here said...

Absolutely Love it Beccy....

kReN said...

Love this! I am always looking for ideas that use #10 envies or that smaller sized business envie as well. TFS! kReN@http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love your site and can't wait to see all your offerings when finished. I'm sure you feel the same...LOL I think this card will serve me nicely so I'm giving it a try first. Thank you so much for sharing a site that instructs us on different card styles. I don't know of another site that offers what you do.